Theory: 7 days
Location: Cannigione ( Sardinia )
Theory ratio: 1 Instructor / max 6 students
Practice ratio: 1 Instructor / max 4 students
– Theory of tides and their calculation
– Calculation of deviation and Variation
– Correspondence, ship’s position, dead reckoning, current problems
– Col. Reg.
– Basic meteorology
- Self-certification for 2500 Miles traveled 5 crossings of at least 60 miles, of which at least 2 as skipper and 2 night crossings as skipper. Of these 2500 miles, 1250 must have been made in tidal waters (outside the Mediterranean)
- GMDSS SRC certificate (or higher) The RTF certificate issued by MISE is not valid, the GMDSS SRC certificate can be obtained at our centre.
- First aid certificate. For those who have the STCW ’95 certificates, it is sufficient to show the document relating to the First Aid Certificate form.
- Good knowledge of the English language to be able to follow the lessons and interact with the instructor and examiner. All courses are in english.
The cost includes
- Practice Sail – 5 days – with RYA instructor
- Practice Power – 3 days – with RYA instructor
- Practice exam (1/2 days) with RYA external examiner.
- Examiner fee
- Overnight on the boat
- Training boat, diesel
The cost does not include
- Crew galley expenses
- Preparatory courses: First Aid; VHF; STCW courses, medical examination
- Travel and transport costs to and from the course venues, any other costs not specified in “the cost includes”
- Rya exam fee (231 GBP)